11.21.2009

"I really fucked up", Erin thought.
Unconscious to everyone around, she compared last week from this week.
She went through everything said, done, and felt.
He's looking through me. The same look everyone throughout the day gives a person they speak to. Physically, connecting with eye contact, but interest and thoughts far beyond us.
"I'll see you next week", he said flatly as a doctor would tell a patient.
"No you won't. I will be avoiding you at all cost", Erin's thoughts answered.
"Okay, see you then", she tried to weakly smile.
Almost running into the door, trying to escape the awkwardness of knowing there has been a changed mind.
"Damn, hope he didn't see that...to add to my ungraceful actions today"
"All my flaws were exposed on my face for him to read today. Inches from me, I couldn't hide them with makeup, smiles, hair, clothes, and salty jokes. He seen the truth of me, and declined he's offer of affection"

No comments:

Post a Comment